Amlodipine Besylate Tablets, together with other medications, treats high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. Amlodipine Besylate Tablets belong to a class of drugs known as calcium channel blockers. It works by relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily. Also, it prevents certain types of chest pain (angina). Also, Besylate Tablets may help to increase your ability to exercise and decrease the frequency of angina attacks. It should not be used to treat attacks of chest pain when they occur. Use other medications (such as sublingual nitroglycerin) to relieve attacks of chest pain as directed by your doctor.
- swelling of your legs or ankles.
- tiredness or extreme sleepiness.
- stomach pain.
- hot or warm feeling in your face (flushing)
- irregular heart rate (arrhythmia)
- very fast heart rate (palpitations)