Promethazine 25mg Tablets 100s is used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting related to certain conditions (such as motion sickness, or before/after surgery).
- It is also used to treat allergy symptoms such as rash, itching, and runny nose.
- It may be used to help you feel sleepy/relaxed before and after surgery or to help certain narcotic pain relievers (such as meperidine) work better.
- The suppository form is used when medications cannot be taken by mouth.
- Promethazine is an antihistamine and works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction.
- Its other effects (such as anti-nausea, calming, pain relief) may work by affecting other natural substances (such as acetylcholine) and by acting directly on certain parts of the brain.