Polytrol Eye Drops 5ml is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used topically in the treatment of infections of the skin, ear, and eye.
It can be combined with Dexamethasone or Betamethasone for treating itchy eye infections.
- Dexamethasone Sodium Phospate is the derivative of Dexamethasone.
- It is of Synthetic origin and belongs to Steroid.
- It belongs to Glucocorticoid agonist pharmacological group on the basis of mechanism of action and also classified in Corticosteroid Nasal pharmacological group.
- The Molecular Weight of Dexamethasone is 392.50.
- It is weakly alkaline drug, 6.75% solution of the drug is isotonic.
Dexamethasone is primarily indicated in conditions like Adrenocortical insufficiency, Anorexia in palliative care, Brain tumors, Cerebral oedema.
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia, Dyspnoea, Dyspnoea in palliative care, Headache due to raised intracranial pressure in palliative care.
Nausea and vomiting (chemotherapy-induced), Pain due to nerve compression in palliative care, Palliative surgery.
Raised intracranial pressure, Respiratory distress syndrome, Shock.