Nasonex Nasal Spray contains Mometasone 50mcg which treats sneezing and runny nose due to allergies. Nasonex Nasal Spray Suspension is a steroid. It is absorbed into the cells of the inner surface of the nose and works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) and allergies. This relieves blocked or runny nose, sneezing, and sinus discomfort.
What you need to know before you use Nasonex
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Nasonex
- if you have or have ever had tuberculosis.
- if you have any other infection.
- if you are taking other corticosteroid medicines, either by mouth or by injection.
- if you have cystic fibrosis.
While you are using Nasonex, talk to your doctor
- if your immune system is not functioning well (if you have difficulty in fighting infection) and you come into contact with anyone with measles or chickenpox. You should avoid coming into contact with anyone who has these infections.
- if you have an infection of the nose or throat.
- if you are using the medicine for several months or longer.
- if you have persistent irritation to the nose or throat.
When corticosteroid nasal sprays are used at high doses for long periods of time, side effects may occur due to the drug being absorbed in the body.
If your eyes are itching or irritated, your doctor may recommend that you use other treatments with Nasonex.
Contact your doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.