Ciprointa 500mg Tablets 10’s contains ciprofloxacin which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
- It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
It cures the infection by killing and stopping the growth of the infectious microorganisms.
Special care should be taken in people with kidney problems while taking this medicine.
It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections.
Using any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections.
- Read the Medication Guide and, if available, the Patient Information Leaflet provided by your pharmacist before you start taking ciprofloxacin and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Ciprointa 500mg Tablets 10’s medication may be taken with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually twice a day (every 12 hours) in the morning and evening.
- Shake the container well for 15 seconds before pouring each dose. Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring device/spoon. Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose. Do not chew the contents of the suspension.
- Do not use the suspension with feeding tubes because the suspension may clog the tube.