Claritek 500mg Tablets 10’s contains clarithromycin which is used to treat bronchitis,pneumonia,tonsillitis,skin and soft tissue infections,to eradicate Helicobacter pylori in treatment regimens for peptic ulcer disease,
Claritek (Clarithromycin) is a semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic.
Clarithromycin exerts its anti-bacterial action by binding to the 50s ribosomal sub-unit of susceptible bacteria and suppresses protein synthesis.
It is highlypotent against a wide variety of aerobic and anaerobic gram-positive and gram-negative organisms. Indications: For treatment of infections due to susceptible organisms.
Such infections include
- Lower respiratory tract infections (e.g. bronchitis pneumonia).
- Upper respiratory tract infections (e.g. pharyngitis sinusitis tonsillitis).
- Acute otitis media in children.
- Skin and soft tissue infections (e.g. folliculitis cellulitis erysipelas impetigo abscesses).
- Disseminated or localized mycobacterial infections due to MAC.
- To eradicate Helicobacter pylori in treatment regimens for peptic ulcer disease.
- To prevent disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) disease in patients with advanced HIV infection.
- As an alternative treatment to penicillins for prophylaxis of endocarditis.